hello! welcome to my visual diary of fav images)oundround the
aroun

Me

My fascination with how clothes can transform us has been a fixation since I really felt it aged 6. Do YOU remember? This blog is for men who own it and want to show us.x

Friday, November 23, 2012

photographing sound......





  • In an attempt to build a bridge between the acoustical and visual words, photographer Fabian Oefner has created a colourful series entitled "Dancing Colours". By placing pigment dyed salt on a thin foil of plastic, which is wrapped above a speaker, Oefner managed to make the salt "dance" in strange formations based on the different sounds being played. Speaking about the series, Oefner said:
    "I attached a microphone to the speaker, which is connected to the flash system. As soon as the speaker emits a sound, the microphone picks it up and sends a signal to the flashes to trigger them. I took the images in a completely darkened room, so I can just leave the shutter open for a few seconds, only the event illuminated by the triggered flash is captured."

  • from HUH

    No comments: